Jira cloud a way to hide priority values

Robert Nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2019

Jira cloud appears to not have a priority scheme.   Is there a way to hide certain priority values.  I can hide them from all projects, but prefer not to remove them in case they are needed again. 

Though, ideally I would prefer to hide them only from a set of projects.

1 answer

1 vote
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 30, 2019

Hi @Robert Nadon

By default there isn't a way to do this in Cloud - there is just the global scheme. There is a suggestion to improve this - JRACLOUD-3821 - but it's over 15 years old and it looks like from the last comment from Atlassian this might be something being considered for Next-Gen:

To do this we have been iteratively working on next-gen projects (formally known as Agility projects), starting with a simple experience and adding more powerful features as we go. I have been eagerly watching top voted feature request tickets like this for sometime and waiting for the opportunity to work on this feature. I wanted to update everyone to say that my team is actively envisioning what priorities and resolutions per project will look like in next-gen projects.

There might be a way to limit which priorities can be chosen perhaps using scripting? Honestly though I'd suggest creating a custom Priority field if you want to limit it per project - not ideal I know, but easier to maintain.

Ste

Robert Nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2019

Hi Ste,

Yes I thought of that but really do not want to create a custom field.    Really I just want a simpler solution like a single select list.  Just be able to "disable" a priority, but that is not there either...   Seems simple enough to add, just wonder if anyone had any fancy groovy code, javascript, or something in cloud to hide priority values...

Thanks!

Suggest an answer