Jira Sprint Board drag and drop feature is not working on Firefox

Christoffer Pedersen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 22, 2024

Normally, when I am on the Sprint Board, I can drag and drop issues to transition states of the issue, but as of today, this feature has stopped working for me in Firefox.

This happens even if I clear cookies, if I disable extensions, if I open the window and login to a Private Session (incognito session).

I wanted to report this, as it used to work, and would be happy if it returned to this state.

Below you can see an image of me trying to move the issue. My mouse cannot be seen, but it is in the "review" column, but when I let go of my left mouse button, nothing happens. And if I drag the mouse to the "done" column, the outline of each of the columns disappear, as if I am not trying to drag an issue into another state.

Screenshot 2024-05-22 at 12.29.13 copy.png

The reason I mention Firefox is that I have tested it working on Google Chrome with no issues and a Colleague of mine also have no issues doing this on Safari. We are both running on a Mac, on the latest version.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Christoffer Pedersen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 22, 2024

Never mind, this was due to a Firefox bug, where no site with Drag and Drop functionality worked for me.

After a restart of Firefox, this issue stopped happening and I could use Jira normally again.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events