Jira Cloud Slack message customization

Matej Laucik December 6, 2021

Hello everyone,
Is there a way to customize this message when someone creates a task? The reason is this these issues are created with automated workflow that I have made so in every message it says "Matej Laucik created a Task" and I would like to change the name of person who has  created a task or remove it permanently. Of course I can just send a notification with customized message but in that way there are no action buttons like Watch, Comment, Assign, etc. If you got any ideas it would really help me out. Thank you. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 14, 2021

Hi @Matej Laucik ,

The built-in Slack integration has but one customization option for the messages that are triggered for new issues. "Truncated" and "Show entire text" options for the notification style let you choose if the description, comment, and worklog fields are shown as well as the full summary, vs a shortened summary.

The name of the person on the task will always be included and be the person who initiated the action. This is not configurable in the native integration.

As you mentioned, you could create a custom notification (using Jira Automation) that would be fully configurable for the message contents, but you would lose the action buttons and context ('...') menu.

Cheers,
Daniel

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events