Issues with a board filter with two teams split by a component

Phil Clayton April 6, 2023

We have two teams sharing a Project. 

The teams each have their own board that is separated by a Component (call it apples or oranges). 

The board filter looks like 

Project = AT and component = "Apples" order by rank ASC

I am having trouble moving issues within the backlog even though I have the "order by rank statement". 

Is the reason for this because I have a component dropped into the filter? 

Thanks, Phil

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2023

Hello @Phil Clayton 

Welcome to the Atlassian community.

With regard to the filter, being able to reorder issues in the backlog is based only on the ORDER BY clause using Rank.

There are permissions that are required in order to be able to change the Rank of an issue. You need the Schedule Issues permission to change the Rank of an issue.

Can you describe the problem you are encountering when trying to move issues in the backlog? And what type of issue are you trying to move? You would not be able to change the rank of a Sub-task issue in the backlog as its Rank is the same as its parent issue.

TY for the nice welcome Trudy!

This is what I get when I try to move an issue inside the backlog: 

Screenshot 2023-04-06 161721.png

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2023

In your filter "rank" needs to have a capital R.

Like # people like this

Hey, that worked. Thanks!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders