Issues assigned to disabled user

JRodney Estrada June 16, 2021

Hi all,

Is it possible to re-assign issues from a "disabled" user to a current user? Active Directory disabled the account and the issues need to be re-assigned after the fact.

Again just for clarity, access isn't revoked. The connected Active Directory acct was removed causing the Atlassian acct to show as "disabled".

The KBs and other questions regarding inactive users weren't relevant.

As a last resort, anyone know if Jira Support can re-assign issues on the backend?

Much appreciated!

1 answer

0 votes
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2021

Hi @JRodney Estrada 

Of course, you can make a bulk change and change that deactivated user to whoever you want, you will have to take into account that if it is to assign several users, you will have to make several queries depending on the criteria you want to change

Cheers

JRodney Estrada June 16, 2021

Hi @Vero Rivas ,

Thanks for your suggestion. I played around with basic search and JQL but was unable to find the disabled user. I even tried inactive(username) but no success.

I suspect the linked Active Directory acct will need to be re-activated (at least temporarily) for me to bulk re-assign the issues... unless Jira support can do it on the backend?

Suggest an answer