Issue with Commenting in JIRA - Keyboard Shortcuts Interfering

Hyeon Seop Lee May 13, 2024

Hello, I'm Lee Hyunseop of the CS team of Bearrobotics.

Subject: Issue with Commenting in JIRA - Keyboard Shortcuts Interfering

Description: I am experiencing an issue where keyboard shortcuts activate while I'm trying to write comments in JIRA, preventing me from completing the comments. This issue persists even when I disable keyboard shortcuts.

Attempts to resolve:

• Updated and reinstalled Chrome
  • Removed keyboard shortcuts
  • Conducted various other fixes found through Google searches, all unsuccessful

I would also like to attach a video demonstrating the issue, but I am unable to do so. For your reference, my operating system is Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS

Could you please help resolve this issue as it is impacting my ability to use JIRA effectively? Thank you.

7 answers

1 vote
Bo Zhao
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2024

Yeah same problem here, looks like it has affected a wide range of customers.

Atlassian has acknowledged and has been working on this issue, you can track the Jira service health from the Status page - https://jira-software.status.atlassian.com/

Currently it is showing "Under Maintenance" for most of the Jira functions.

Regards

Bo

Bo Zhao
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2024

Jira status page has been updated with the reported incident, Jira Create and edit function has been marked as "Major Outage".

Like # people like this
0 votes

Resolved 

Clark Everson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2024

Hi @Hyeon Seop Lee 

Can you please share how you resolved it in case someone else runs into the issue?

Much Appreciated!

0 votes
Sherwin Soriano May 13, 2024

Same issue happening on our side but the workaround we can use it use notepad and put the comment in there and copy-paste in JIRA... that works on our side.

0 votes
kvrampage May 13, 2024

yes same issues to all of my team members - Brisbane Australia

0 votes
Shunsuke SHIGEMITSU
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 13, 2024

Hi, I have the same issue here, starting this morning. The focus on the input field disappears once I input a single character.

I also use Ubuntu 22.04.4 LTS and this happens with every browser.

0 votes
Young Shin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 13, 2024

Hi, i'm suffering exactly the same problem, i can't work at all. please would you let me know if you find any solution? thanks.

0 votes

-

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events