Is there any option to warn before editing a status title?

Zachary DeLee February 7, 2020

When creating a new workflow, I've had a number of users cause a panic by inadvertently editing a global status (like Open, or Closed) to something else. This throws off reports, and most annoying of all, there's literally no indication that the action you're taking is going to effect things outside of your currently inactive workflow. There's not even a confirmation box.

Is there any plans to add some kind of functionality that would make it more clear that you're going to make a change with broad impacts?

There's an indicator on workflows, and schemes, as to how many projects share the setting, so you have an idea of the potential for disruption, but not one statuses.

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2020

Hi @Zachary DeLee

There is a suggestion area for Jira, for Jira Cloud that is found on this page.

I had a browse through the tickets but could not locate one which matched your need. I would suggest raising the suggestion in here for others to vote on :)

Personally, we reduce the risk at our organisation by restricting which users have Jira Admin - limiting it to a group of super users not only reduces errors such as this one, it also means we can keep the issue administration refined and performing well.

Ste

Suggest an answer