• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is there any option to warn before editing a status title?

When creating a new workflow, I've had a number of users cause a panic by inadvertently editing a global status (like Open, or Closed) to something else. This throws off reports, and most annoying of all, there's literally no indication that the action you're taking is going to effect things outside of your currently inactive workflow. There's not even a confirmation box.

Is there any plans to add some kind of functionality that would make it more clear that you're going to make a change with broad impacts?

There's an indicator on workflows, and schemes, as to how many projects share the setting, so you have an idea of the potential for disruption, but not one statuses.

1 answer

0 votes

Hi @Zachary DeLee

There is a suggestion area for Jira, for Jira Cloud that is found on this page.

I had a browse through the tickets but could not locate one which matched your need. I would suggest raising the suggestion in here for others to vote on :)

Personally, we reduce the risk at our organisation by restricting which users have Jira Admin - limiting it to a group of super users not only reduces errors such as this one, it also means we can keep the issue administration refined and performing well.

Ste

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you