Is there an option to edit linked issues in the next-gen backlog?

Matan_Merling
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 14, 2019

If I linked an issue and I want to change the relation of the linked issue, for example :

I want to change "Is cloned by" to "related to" how can I do it ? without deleting and creating the link all over again

1 answer

1 vote
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2019

Hello @Matan_Merling ,

Can you find the button for Link issue in the Backlog view?

QQ截图20190814214347.png

Matan_Merling
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 14, 2019

Just to be clear I'm using the next-gen. but beside that clicking the Linked issue just creates a new link. The question is if there is a way to edit already created links ? not finding them.

Deleted user August 14, 2019

Doesn't look like there is way; I just tried it; but you can delete the linked item and then create a new link with a different relationship; as a work around

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2019

Hi @Matan_Merling ,

Just as @[deleted]  said, you need to remove the old link and re-add the new link.

TIM截图20190815095651.png

Gamal Ardipratama October 26, 2023

it would help very much if there is a way to easily change the relationship instead of have to re-add the new links.

this will tremendously help maintain the Dependency Report over at Adv. Roadmap.

Like Karin Reimertz likes this
Amit Patil February 29, 2024

Has anyone discovered an answer for this?

Alejandro Ortiz Carmona
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
September 24, 2024

We would also love to see this feature

Suggest an answer