• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is there a way to prevent mobile users from accessing a Cloud site?

I have been asked to find a way to block users from accessing a particular Atlassian Cloud site (Jira and Confluence on atlassian.net) from mobile devices.  At minimum the apps should be blocked, but mobile browsers should as well.

Is this possible, and if so, how?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

There's no way to do this.

If you were on Server, you could do some stuff on the networking side - stick Jira and Confluence behind a proxy, with which you could then code some stuff that tried to do browser or device identification before letting the connection through (that would stop casual users doing it, but not people like us who can spend 30 seconds setting up clients to lie to your detection code)

On Cloud, there is nothing.

Thanks - that was what I assumed as well, but I was tasked with investigating and identifying any possibilities.  I spent some time looking, and found nothing, so I thought I'd post here, just in case.  Thanks!

Always worth asking!

Like Rob Horan likes this
0 votes

Hey there @Rob Horan ! My name is Stephanie Zhang and I'm a product manager on the Confluence Cloud mobile team. I'd love to understand a little more about your use cases and your concerns around mobile usage. 

Any chance you'd be willing to chat with me? As a token of my appreciation you'd be eligible for a $70 giftcard. Let me know your availability szhang5@atlassian if so. 

Thanks!

Hello,

Sure - I'll send a message separately.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you