Is there a problem with opening tasks in new generation projects?

Roland Fleischhacker October 2, 2019

Since today I cannot open tasks in new generation projects anymore. Although I can add new tasks and I also can open tasks in classic projects, it is not possible to open tasks in new generation projects.

I tried it with Firefox, Edge and Chrome.

I tried with a new login.

I tried a restart of the computer.

But it works when using the iOS/Android app.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 2, 2019

Hi @Roland Fleischhacker

When you state Tasks - do you mean the issue type Task (in line with bug, story, etc) or child issues of stories (i.e sub-tasks)?

I tried both just now on Next-Gen and they work fine - what happens when you try to open them on yours? Do you receive an error at all?

Ste

Roland Fleischhacker October 2, 2019

Steven,

thank you for your rely.

Yes, I am talking about the issue type.

Here is a screenshot of one of our boards. When we click on one of the cards to open it, nothing happens. No error message.

Some of my collegues face the same problem, others not.

When we use the SEARCH function and click on one of the search results, the detail window of the task opens as expected.

Best

Roland

screen.png

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 2, 2019

Hi @Roland Fleischhacker

It's not something I've seen before - I assume that all these users are part of the "team" in the Next-Gen project?

I double-checked one of our instances, and it did pause for a second when clicking on a Task. But I then clicked again and it started to work fine, so was likely just a small load delay.

Perhaps worth contacting https://support.atlassian.com/ given it is occasional depending on the user?

Ste

Suggest an answer