Is there a 3 tier cascade select list for JIRA Cloud?

Daniel Beman January 13, 2020

Hello!

I looking for a plugin to JIRA Cloud that allows me to have a 3 tier custom field drop down menu select list. 

For example, I want to have 3 dropdown menus, named for example: 
State/Provence:
City:

If I choose Country, then the State/Provence list would be populated with only states for that country.  Then after selecting the state, the City dropdown would be populated with only cities in that state.

I already know of a 2 tier cascade select list in JIRA Cloud named  "Select (Cascade) List". But I need it to go to 3 tiers.

Additionally, there is a 3 tier solution for the hosted JIRA Server (not JIRA Cloud) named "Multi-Level Cascading Select" located here: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/5008/multi-level-cascading-select?hosting=server&tab=overview 

However, JIRA Cloud, doesn't support this plugin.  

Does anyone know if there is a way that I can get JIRA Cloud to do this?

Thanks and Regards,
Daniel

1 answer

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Fernando Bordallo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 13, 2020

Hello @Daniel Beman

Out of the box, Jira only offers 2 tier cascading-select custom fields. Sadly, the vendors that support extensions for this use case don't yet offer their plugins for Cloud. Soon 🤞

Daniel Berman January 15, 2020

Thank you!!!

This was the answer I was looking for.  Yes I hope they do add this feature soon.

Like Fernando Bordallo likes this
Karyn Tooke April 14, 2020

Hi @Fernando Bordallo,

I've enquired about this previously with Sourcesense and have been informed of the following:

actually for API restriction of Atlassian our plugin can’t be integrated in Atlassian Cloud.

We have provided an our Cloud called "Easy Cloud" that is an on-premise instance managed by us (with all the advantage of on-premise version of Jira but without the effort of gesture of Operative System, upgrade version, etc).

Here you can find some detail, if you are interested i can pass your contacts to a sales man.

So now I would like to know if the vendor restricted by Atlassian or does the vendor just not have this as a priority?

Thanks, Karyn

Karyn Tooke June 25, 2020

Hi - Just following up on this as I sought clarity via a support ticket:

Atlassian has an Official API documentation that showcase what other 3rd Party vendors are allowed to query or do via API in terms of creating Add-ons for Cloud, if such feature is not documented, then it can't be done. So if there's a function that can't be done by a vendor, most probably it's because what they want to do is not available on our Official API documentation  in order to use it. However there are also certain functional differences when it comes to Cloud vs Server products mentioned here

In short from looking at the API documentation, this is still not possible.