Is manual reordering still a feature.

Oliver Fox February 17, 2020

I have created an automated structure, in the demo I was able to tick a box to manually be able to reorder items which I can't find on the newer version. There was also an option to add 'sort by' automation, have these features been removed?

2 answers

0 votes
Daria_Baltiyskaya_ALM_Works_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2020

Hello Oliver,

It looks like you are using Structure Cloud, not Structure Server. The first version of Structure Cloud was released less than a year ago and it doesn't have all the features of Structure Server. Unfortunately Sort by Automation and Manual Adjustments are not there yet.

We are actively working on adding new functionality to Structure Cloud and we are planning to add Sort by Automation in the next few months. As for manual adjustments, it is not in our roadmap for the near future, so it's hard to say when and if it's going to be implemented in Structure Cloud.

Kind regards,

Daria 

Marcus Edgington July 9, 2021

Hey Daria,

Any update on the availability of manual reordering? The lack of manual reordering significantly decreases the value of structure for our organization. 

Daria_Baltiyskaya_ALM_Works_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2021

Hello Marcus,

Sorry for a delayed reply. For some reason I got a notification about your comment only now:( 

Manual reordering has not been implemented yet. Although rearranging any issues added by a generator is not possible, we've recently implemented Rank Sorter which allows changing issue ranks by rearranging issues in Structure.

I have added you to the notifications list about manual reordering and will post an update here, once the feature is available. 

Best regards,
Daria

Like # people like this
0 votes
czendo February 17, 2020

Hi, the "sort by" Automation is still available for me in the most recent Structure for Jira Server version (5.6.3)

image.png

Regarding the manual reorder, you need to allow manual adjustments in the structure configuration (Structure -> Manage Structures -> Configure).

image.pngKind regards 

Oliver Fox February 17, 2020

Thanks for the reply czendo, it might be because I'm using the trial version.

image.png

image.png

Suggest an answer