Is it possible to set components as mandatory field but applied to 1 project only?

Marivi Almazan January 16, 2024

I have multiple Project Boards with their own unique set of configurations. I am using component (which is a basic feature in Jira).  I would like to make my component field as a mandatory field but only in one project board. For other projects, I would like to retain it as an optional field. Is it possible to change or when I changed it, would be a global change?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ste Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 16, 2024

Hi @Marivi Almazan 

Yes you can do this using Field Configurations (you'd need a separate one for the Project where Component will be mandatory).

Check out these help pages as a good starting point: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/manage-issue-field-configurations/

Ste

Marivi Almazan April 29, 2024

Thank you. I saw how to do it, it's just that this field is being shared to multiple projects. I just want it to b specific to the board I created.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events