Is it possible to customize the display of Issues / Backlog Items in the "Plan" view of Greenhopper?

While performing general backlog grooming ativities, it can be useful to see certain issue properties, such as for example "Is this backlog item ready to be submitted for inclusion in an upcoming sprint? (or is it known to be too vague / need splitting / missing information / etc)". I imagine we'd have to add a custom property of some sort, but I don't see how to make that display in the planning view(s).

I am talking about a "Greenhopper Simplified Workflow" Scrum board, created automatically as part of a new Greenhopper Scrum project, accessible in the in "Recent Boards" section of the "Agile" menu.

On this board, I am specifically talking about the "Plan" view, although my question would also apply to the "Work" view.

6 answers

1 accepted

Hi Tao,

Unfortunately it is not possible to edit the plan mode view at all. If you have improvement suggestions, please create issues at http://jira.atlassian.com so our Development team can check and maybe develop them. We are always relying on our customer's feedback to improve our product, so any suggestions you have will be welcome.

Cheers,

Clarissa.

Hi Tao,

I believe you are talking about the new boards. For now, it is not possible to customize the Plan mode view. There is an improvement request being tracked at GHS-3474 that you can vote to increase its popularity and add yourself as a watcher to be notified of future updates.

Hope it helps!

Cheers,

Clarissa Gautério

Atlassian Support

Thanks for the feedback - I'm not just asking about the detailed view (on the right) though, I'm also asking about the main list itself in plan view; Currently, the only things that display there are Issue Type, Issue ID/Ref, Summary, and Estimate/Story Points; my question/request is about modifying this list.

I see this must not have received any traction, as i'm now interested in exactly the same thing. I would just like to see the workflow status on the backlog / sprint list view. Customizing this list to view any selection of fields should be possible

I agree with Andy.

THis is something that we need also

Ok, with all the new branding and logo changes now deployed, it seems that Altassian development team can refocus on "user" features. Please add the ability to edit backlog columns to help the user with planning activities.

Lorin I'm New Here Nov 03, 2017

Agree with all of you. Be able to customize this list/part is MANDATORY.

You can view up to three fields on the backlog list view by doing the following: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/customizing-cards-764478020.html?_ga=2.30443323.522028771.1510854265-116657251.1501007885 refer to the Adding fields to cards section of the article.

Can you please clarify if you are using Classic Board or Rapid Board?

I've clarified as far as I can; I don't see the term "Rapid Board" anywhere in the interface so I can only assume that's what I'm talking about, because I'm *not* talking about the "Classic..." option.

Another solution to my underlying issue is the one proposed in the following issue, to actually have a "Ready to be Pulled" flag baked in to GreenHopper directly: GHS-2526

Are the developers checking these boards for ways to improve the product? Or do these questions that get answreed in the negatie have to be re-submitted over on the https://jira.atlassian.com/ site?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,942 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot