Is it possible to create pseudo-user?

Ignas Selvestravičius December 15, 2021

Is it possible to create pseudo-user (dummy user, fake user...)?

Purpose of this pseudo-user: to assign tasks that are carried out by suppliers, but actually the suppliers do not have any access to our jira account. It's just for us only to see who is responsible for the task.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2021

Yes, you can do this, you'll need to create a new account in whatever your directory system is (Atlassian Access, Google account, or a dummy Atlassian account) and add it to your Jira in the relevant projects.

This will take up a licence though.

Ignas Selvestravičius December 17, 2021

ok So it's just a regular licenced account then which nobody is using. Well, I guess this is the only way now. Thank you for your answer!

Like Nic Brough -Adaptavist- likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 17, 2021

Yes, that's a really good description of it!

Khuong Vu July 28, 2023

I can confirm that "a dummy Atlassian account " would work.  Below is more detail, but it is long :(

In my case, we have a dummy account in Jira server, called Library Travel (full name), libtravel (username), libtravel@some.domain (email). 

It is a dummy account, that is used as a default assignee for a Jira Service Desk project; that way, any request to travel (for professional development), and all communications for the request is always appearing in libtravel@some.domain; that way, anyone on the team responsible for travel request can go to this mailbox to see what is going on.

NOTE: the dummy account is a pseudo-user and is not an actual user in our Active Directory.

So, the dummy account was migrated to Jira cloud (using Jira Cloud Migration Assistant).  I just had to make sure it is a member of jira-servicemanagement-users-csusmlibrary, and that jira-servicemanagement-users-csusmlibrary was given product access to Jira Service Management.

Like Xavier Almonte likes this
Xavier Almonte September 26, 2023

Question releated to your answer @Khuong Vu
Are you paying for a user license for this dummy or it doenst count in your payable liscence ?

Thanks

Suggest an answer