Is it possible to automate project creation?

Ava Dobreva May 5, 2021

Hi, 

I am using Jira Software (Scrum) for education. Each of my students has a project on Jira Software. Their projects last 6 months, and during these 6 months they have many sprints to complete. Sprints are really the best way to separate the learning content. 

However, running the risk of sounding very dilettante, but is it possible that I automate the creation of new projects on Jira Software? That said, can every new user I add get their own project somehow faster and easier compared to what I do now (I deep clone individual tasks from other's projects). 

I tried Bulk Clone - Deep Clone for Jira to clone entire projects, but it's still not a viable option as it doesn't allow me to clone sub-tasks. (correct me if I'm wrong).

Does anyone have similar issues and how did you go about that? If by change anyone using Jira for education is reading this post, I'l love to get in touch with you and share experience: ava@knuthconcepts.com. 

Thanks,

Ava

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 6, 2021

Hi @Ava Dobreva,

I am the product manage of Deep Clone for Jira.

I am sorry that you had issues when cloning Sub-Tasks. It is possible to clone Sub-Tasks and keep their hierarchy with our app. 

Could you please contact our support, so we could help to solve your issue?

Thank you!

Marlene 

Ava Dobreva May 6, 2021

Marlene, thank you for your help. We solved the issue. Deep Clone for Jira allows me to clone entire projects with the entire hierarchy as it is in the original project. Problem solved.

Thank you!

Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 10, 2021

I am happy that I was able to help you. Don't hesitate to contact us again, if you have questions or feedback about Deep Clone for Jira. 

Like Ava Dobreva likes this

Suggest an answer