Inline sub-task creation brings up full creation dialog

Sergey Kulikov October 25, 2019

Whenever we try to create a sub-task using inline field in the Story, it brings up a full dialog.

There are no additional required fields that need to be filled when the full dialog comes up.

The following link states that your board's filter must only include one project, and ours does:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/creating-issues-and-sub-tasks-764478439.html

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 28, 2019

Hello Sergey,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Just to make sure we are on the same page:

When you say the option to create sub-task using the "inline" field, you are talking about the inline option of any Story (As displayed in the first screenshot) or in the inline option of the board (The one that is mentioned in the documentation you provided and displayed in the second screenshot below)?

Screen Shot 2019-10-28 at 16.34.09.pngScreen Shot 2019-10-28 at 16.34.17.png

Considering both behaviors above, I would check the following:

1 - In the creation of the issue, check if the menu "Configure fields" in the open dialog is not flagged with all the options for that issue, possibly hiding a required field. In fact, flag all fields to appear and try to do the process again.

2 - Check if your board filter could be returning any issues from different projects, although it is not returning right now. If possible, provide us with the filter.

3 - Double-check if there are any validators in the create transition of the workflow that might be setting any field as required

Let us know your results.

Sergey Kulikov October 28, 2019

To answer your question, it is in the Story, not the board.

1. I confirmed that there are only two required fields: Type and Summary. All other fields are optional and not set during the full-window creation of the subtask. Flagging all of the fields does not solve the issue.

2. Only one project is in the board filter

image.png

3. No required fields on validators:

image.png

Sergey Kulikov November 13, 2019

@Petter GonçalvesDo you have any other suggestions based on what I posted above?

Suggest an answer