Importing from Bugzilla into Cloud with next-gen projects

NicholasS May 15, 2019

Is there a way to import Bugzilla issues into a Cloud Jira containing next-gen projects?

The docs I found instruct to import Cloud into a Server instance colocated with Bugzilla, then import Bugzilla into the Jira Server, then import Jira Server into the Cloud. However, importing into the Cloud overwrites everything in the cloud and next-gen projects cannot be imported into the Server, therefore there is no way to import Bugzilla without losing all next-gen data.

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2019

I haven't imported into NG project but did import Bugzilla into Jira Classic using CSV import. I would think it would work for NG w/in the limitations of the fields you have set up. Easy enough to try it. I recommend doing a one-two issue import trial(s) until you get it right and then save the template and do the balance.

NicholasS May 15, 2019

Jack, thanks.

Eiren Smith December 9, 2019

@Jack BrickeyDid your import from Bugzilla to Jira include attachments (files attached to Bugzilla bug reports)?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2019

i did not mess w/ attachments. I recall looking at this when I migrated from Spiceworks to JSD and it was problematic. I simply imported the ticket as a URL reference which would allow users to access the original ticket if they needed.

Suggest an answer