I have done jira cloud setup free version. How to enable Zephyr scale trial version to it?

U Sravani December 21, 2021

I have requested for the app in JIRA Settings -->Apps-->App Requests. It is showing me the status as open, may i know who has to approve the new app Requst.

I checked at https://admin.atlassian.com/ its not showing me any pending Requests.

Could any one help me to get plugin installed in JIRA cloud.

Thanks

Sravani.

3 answers

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 29, 2021

Hi @U Sravani 

I can see that you are a site-admin member on this site, which can grant you access to administrate the site itself.  However it looks like your account is technically not able to admin the Jira product.  Normally the site-admin grants this role by default, but it is possible that you or another administrator might have customized this role not to have this.

You can try to go to

https://jiratm.atlassian.net/admin/apps (this will redirect you to the admin.atlassian.com site and show you the products on the site like Jira and Confluence and which users have access)

Then click the Administration access tab on this page in order to see which groups are granting administration of Jira.  If the site-admins is not in this administration access, then you will need to find the specific group name that is setup to administer Jira here and note that group name.

This would explain why you only see the option to request an app, and not the ability to install it yourself as only Jira admins can do this.

Try this,

1. Go to https://jiratm.atlassian.net/admin/groups (this will redirect you to the admin.atlassian.com site and show you the groups for this site).
  2. Click on the administrators group (or whatever group name you found in the steps above).
  3. Add your account to this group.
  4. Then you should be able to return to the Find new Apps and install any app from Marketplace as an admin of Jira.

Check these steps and let me know if this helps.

Andy

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2021

Hi @U Sravani , to be clear if you go to More in the top menu an then Apps > find new apps and then search for Zephyr Scale then Try it free then it is not installed? What do you see when you click Try it free?

Hi Jack,

I am getting attached window after clicking on Try it Free.

Regards,

Sravani.screenshot.PNG

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2021

Ok and then you submit the request but it doesn’t show in the view app requests?

I am able to see in the App Requests, but my question is who has to approve it. Its Status is "Open".

Please refer attached Screenshot.app_reqs.PNG

U Sravani December 23, 2021

Can anyone help me on this?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 23, 2021

Well the Org admin would approve/install. But the previous image would convey that to be you so either this is a ‘bug’ condition or it is something to do with Free. I checked this article about unsupported apps on Free but Zephyr isn’t on the list. I will escalate this post so that an Atlassian will see it.

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 21, 2021

Hi @U Sravani 

It seems like you have only Jira Admin Permissions on your Site.

Site Admin needs to install the Apps in Old View Site if it was created long back ago.

Thanks,
Pramodh

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 21, 2021

Hi Pramod,

Thanks for your Reply. I am the Site admin for it. Please refer attached SS.

Thanks, 

Sravani.

Screenshot (13).png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS