I have 1 user who can't see 1 project he is a group member for - how can i correct this?

Virginia Harbord January 9, 2020

I have a user who is added the user group at the admin level for groups (we have a group of projects that use the same permissions) 

The user has also been added within the project, by settings to the people list.

The user can see the "other" projects that share the same permissions but is unable to see the project that he has been added to today depsite being in the shared permissions group and added to the project directly.

Can you advise what we need to do to correct this as there is nothing obviously wrong as this users set up is the same as it is for other users who are not having the same issue.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2020

Hello @Virginia Harbord 

I'd recommend using the "Permission helper" functionality:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/jira-admin-helper-818578850.html

to determine the cause of such behavior.

Virginia Harbord January 9, 2020

thank you

Like Grigory Salnikov likes this
Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2020

You're always welcome. Have a nice day!

Suggest an answer