I cannot create a label

Jasmin Ramoser March 29, 2023

Hi,

I just loged into my new jira page. I created my first project and my first issues.

However I cannot add any labels to my issue (there are not existing any, as it is a complete new setup). When I type a labels' name into the corresponding field, the name just disappears. I cannot safe it or add something to the labels.

It only says that I need to select a label via a pop-up window. But obviously I can't because there are not exisitng any + I cannot find any way to add some labels to the pop-up window anywhere else. 

Help would be really appreciated! Thanks in advance!

2 answers

0 votes
David Nickell March 31, 2023

Are you the only one who cannot add a label?  If no one else is adding labels either, I'd look into whether the field is included on your create or edit screen.  It's been a while since I've done a lot of admin work --- but seems to me if labels isn't on those screens, you won't be able to add any.

Ian Kleinfeld October 17, 2023

The problem isn't her, it's Jira and their garbage and confusing documentation. 

0 votes
Sushant Verma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2023

Hi @Jasmin Ramoser 

Welcome to the community!

Please find this : https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/unable-to-add-a-label-to-issues-in-a-team-managed-project-1178864767.html

Hope it will help you!

Regards,
Sushant Verma

Ian Kleinfeld October 17, 2023

I have also tried this and can't get it to show on the cards. The label will show up when you expand the card, but not on th card itself. Is there any way to do this?

Screenshot 2023-10-17 at 9.26.03 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-10-17 at 9.26.30 PM.png

Thomas Gavin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2024

Hi @Ian Kleinfeld 

You need to Configure board and add the labels field on the Card layout section. It works fine for me.

Cheers
Thomas

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events