I can't add an Transition to my workflow for exploration purposes

Mark_Vincent_T__Paril January 27, 2020

I followed the steps in Jira on how to add a new workflow, so that I can explore the navigation of drafting a workflow.

However, when I created a status, and tried adding transition from one status to another, the first transition I did was good (To Do > In Progress), however the second one can't create the transition for the status (In Progress > For Testing).

In the picture shown below, after I click on Add, a encircled red exclamation pops up.

What can I do here? or was it something I did wrong when adding status and transitions?

Hope you can help, thank you!

Capture.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 29, 2020

Hello @Mark_Vincent_T__Paril,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

I tried to replicate the error you are facing by creating a new workflow from scratch and adding the status and transitions you have, however, it has properly worked for me. These were the steps I took:

1 - Navigate to Jira settings > Issues > Workflows > Click to Add workflow

2 - Using the Diagram mode, I create three new statuses: In progress, For testing and Done

3 - I added the transitions Standard Tests (From "Open" to "In progress") and Testing of Development (From "In progress" to "For testing")

Screen Shot 2020-01-29 at 11.55.23.pngScreen Shot 2020-01-29 at 11.55.58.png

That being said, please provide us the details below so we can further investigate the problem:

1 - Following the same steps I provided above, are you facing the same error?

2 - I noticed that the first status created in my workflow was "Open", and not "To Do" as yours. Can you please confirm if you have started the workflow from scratch or copied any setting from another workflow? Also, provide us the exact steps you took to create it.

3 - What is the browser version you are currently using? Are you still reproducing the error when using a different browser?

4 - Is there any error returned in the development tools of your browser when you click on "Add" in the "Add transition" screen?

5 - What applications you have on your site? Are you using only Jira Software or you have also signed-up for Jira Core or Jira Service Desk?

Let us know your results when you have a chance to check the steps above.

Mark_Vincent_T__Paril February 3, 2020

Hi!

I recreated the steps and it worked for me. Thank you!

I think there's a problem when transitioning dragging the cursor from status A to Status B. I don't know, but what I did to resolve my issue was to remove the transitions and status created and re-created them again.

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 4, 2020

You are welcome. Mark.

Thank you for describing what you did to solve your issue. Let us know in case you face it again.

Suggest an answer