How to view hierarchy in jira

ajit_shekhawat
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 1, 2024

Hi all,

I want to view a hierarchical view of all Capability > Epic > Stories in one tree like list view. Is it possible in Jira ?

3 answers

2 votes
Marc Koppelaar - Devoteam
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2024

HI @ajit_shekhawat 

Welcome.

As you are on a premium plan, you can use the Plans (advanced roadmap) for this.

Look at the following documentation; what-is-advanced-planning 

1 vote
Nikola Perisic
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2024

Welcome to the community @ajit_shekhawat !

Go to Settings -> Issue type hierarchy:

Screenshot 2024-03-01 at 14.33.06.png

0 votes
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 8, 2024

Hi @ajit_shekhawat

welcome to the community!

if you're open to solutions from the Atlassian Marketplace, you may want to have a look at the app that my team and I are working on, JXL for Jira.

JXL is a full-fledged spreadsheet/table view for your issues that allows viewing, inline-editing, sorting, and filtering by all your issue fields, much like you’d do in e.g. Excel or Google Sheets. It also comes with a number of advanced features, including support for (configurable) issue hierarchies, issue grouping by any issue field(s), sum-ups, or conditional formatting

This is how it looks in action:

initiative-hierarchy.gif

In a sense, it has a few things in common with the table part of plans, however it is generally a bit more lightweight and more focused on quick and easy issue editing and analysis.

Any questions just let me know,

Best,

Hannes

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events