How to use the releaseDate function for a specific day of week Edited

Hello, I'd like to use the JQL function releaseDate to target a specific day in the week, for example Tuesday of the current week without having to specify a specific day.  This is used to dynamically populate a dashboard that shows all the issues scheduled for release on each day of the current week.

Basically, I want to write the equivalent of:

fixVersion in releaseDate("after startOfWeek('+1d') before startOfWeek('+2d')")

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote

You can do this, but from my testing, you need to count backwards.

For instance, if I want all issues that have a fix version release date on Thursday, I'd write:

fixVersion in releaseDate("on endOfWeek(-2d)")

If I want all issues that are going to be released on Tuesday:

fixVersion in releaseDate("on endOfWeek(-4d)")

Screen Shot 2017-08-16 at 12.37.39 PM.png

That works great.  It seems like the issue was the single quotes I was adding around the parameter to startOfWeek() that was causing the error.

Hi @Joshua Yamdogo [Adaptavist]

Following up on this script from the previous thread: 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-questions/Update-Custom-Field-Value-with-Version-Release-Date/qaq-p/624689

enableCache = {-> false}
def version = issue.getFixVersions()
version.first().getReleaseDate().format("dd/MMM/yyy")

I would like the Release Date field to update as a multi-line text field that accounts for the possibility of multiple Fix Versions.

If there was one Fix Version, Milestone 12, it would say:

Release Date: 11/27/17 (Milestone 12)

If there were multiple Fix Versions, Milestone 12-14, it would order all of them by release date:

Release Date: 11/27/17 (Milestone 12)

12/4/17 (Milestone 13)

12/11/17 (Milestone 14)

Could you help me regarding how to check for an increasing number of Fix Versions and then order based on their respective release dates?

Joshua Yamdogo Community Champion Nov 27, 2017

Hi Jordan,

You would probably need to loop through the issue's fix versions (in the script above: 'version') and then collect all of the dates from each one. Then, you'd have to sort them based on date. Finally, you'd have to output the results of the collection in the format you want. 

Would you mind posting your question as a new community question? That'd help keep things organized.

Josh

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,345 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot