How to track time spent in a given status?

Daniel Serodio March 14, 2018

How can I track how much time an issue spent in a given status? For instance, suppose my workflow is Backlog -> To Do -> In Progress -> Review -> Done

How can I find out how much time an issue spent in the "Review" status? Is it possible with JQL?

PS.: I'm using Jira Cloud

Thanks.

4 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

3 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 14, 2018

You would need an app for it. Jira Charting Plugin has a chart that will show average time in status. Also have a look at this question, How to track amount of time spent in status, it mention a couple of other apps that you can use too if you need to see the time in status for an individual issue.

1 vote
Jay Martinsen November 19, 2018

Why is this not built in?

Voldemar Mollet June 13, 2019

Yes, @Jay Martinsen this function should be built-in at Jira. Users can vote for it
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-63103?_ga=2.74002843.847012311.1548002568-465953706.1543587332

Now, we solve this problem using the app from marketplace time in status for jira cloud because the ratio of its functionality and price is optimal for a small company like ours.

Like hiroki_atlassian likes this
0 votes
Eugene Yasiuchenko December 19, 2019

For Jira cloud we use 'Timentify' plugin: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1221604/timentify?hosting=cloud&tab=overview 

It's not yet offering extensive reports, but it's ideal for getting an instant info for a given issue.

0 votes
George Mihailoff August 20, 2018

For Jira Cloud, you can take a look at the Quantify addon or website.

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question