• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to track time spent in a given status? Edited

How can I track how much time an issue spent in a given status? For instance, suppose my workflow is Backlog -> To Do -> In Progress -> Review -> Done

How can I find out how much time an issue spent in the "Review" status? Is it possible with JQL?

PS.: I'm using Jira Cloud

Thanks.

4 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

3 votes
Mikael Sandberg Community Leader Mar 14, 2018

You would need an app for it. Jira Charting Plugin has a chart that will show average time in status. Also have a look at this question, How to track amount of time spent in status, it mention a couple of other apps that you can use too if you need to see the time in status for an individual issue.

Why is this not built in?

Yes, @Jay Martinsen this function should be built-in at Jira. Users can vote for it
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-63103?_ga=2.74002843.847012311.1548002568-465953706.1543587332

Now, we solve this problem using the app from marketplace time in status for jira cloud because the ratio of its functionality and price is optimal for a small company like ours.

Like hiroki_atlassian likes this

For Jira Cloud, you can take a look at the Quantify addon or website.

For Jira cloud we use 'Timentify' plugin: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1221604/timentify?hosting=cloud&tab=overview 

It's not yet offering extensive reports, but it's ideal for getting an instant info for a given issue.

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you