How to show links as a links

Moshchenskyi Stanislav May 20, 2021

This is unbelievable stupid feature! 
How can i see what link is there without opening this page??
I dant want open it. I just want to copy this damn link!!!

2021-05-20_185345.png

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2021

@Moshchenskyi Stanislav There is no way of turning off this feature unfortunately. It is built in this way because most people prefer being able to click on a link to take them somewhere (otherwise they would need to highlight, copy and paste it).

The URL on it's own doesn't really look or function well if it is just left as plain text, so that's why it's made to be clickable - clicking on it will still take you to the URL, it just looks a bit friendlier this way.

Moshchenskyi Stanislav May 28, 2021

This is one of the worst desicion ever. 
How can i copy link if there are 10+ links in task?

I dont need to open page. I just need the last part of links to paste them in my project - scriptsm html whatever? 

if this is a bit friendlier this way for someone - keep it for them. 

But there must be a choice - how to display links - by this "feature" that allow you ONLY to go to page?
Or display links as usual - and it can be copyied, clicked, changed etc. 

It's clear that 1 function - click on link worse that a lot of diffecrent actions with link. 

Now you cant even see what link this is without open this link. 

Moshchenskyi Stanislav June 4, 2021

"most people prefer being able to click on a link to take them somewhere"

Is simple link without this feature wont get you to the page?... hmm. I gurss, actions after left click on simple link and this "featured link" are completely the same. 

But this "feature" doing such tings:

1) Don't allow you to copy parts of link
2) Making you wait for loading (it continue loading even after whole page loaded)
3) Don't allow you to understand what page this person talking about until you will go to this page. Sometimes you can just read the link and understand what page this is. But now you just cant, you must go and check the link, or copy WHOLE link and paste it somewhere. 

Guys... what did you do? Why this feature even exist? :(

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 4, 2021

Alternatively, a custom field could be created using the URL field type, or a separate single or multi-line text field could be used to note down the links, it is only the Description field and comments which convert a URL of a Jira task to the things seen in your screenshot

Moshchenskyi Stanislav June 6, 2021

2021-06-06_145506.png

Here. 
I have more then 50 links in the task . And i need only site,com/MIDDLE-PART/LAST-PART 

How am I supposed to copy 50 times ONLY middle and last part? 
Do i have to copy WHOLE link? Nope.
Do i want to ge to page? Nope. 
Please, I just want to copy last part of the links. 

Community Leader
Community Leader
June 7, 2021

2021-06-07 10_30_41-[SCRUM-26] test task - Jira.png

@Moshchenskyi Stanislav  If you were to use a multi-line text field then it would keep the links as links, whereas using the Description field or comments transforms the links. Hopefully this can act as a workaround whilst the ability to turn off this feature isn't available

Moshchenskyi Stanislav June 7, 2021

Wait a minute, this is text. Thosw links became simple text. So, you cannot left click them and go to page? 

I'm developer. We have 3 designers, 3 project managers. Also some random seo, rest of workers who create tasks. Do i have to learn them all how to use links in Jira? It's not working like that. 

Turning off this feature MUST be in your next update. 
It should be i personal setting "How to show links" - and radio button choice 
- As simple links
- As block with favicon and title 
or name it whatever you want.

Community Leader
Community Leader
June 7, 2021

@Moshchenskyi Stanislav I agree, it should be a feature that can be switched on and off - if you wanted to raise a feature request with Atlassian, you can do so by creating a new Jira issue here.

I however do not work for Atlassian, but using a multi-line text field as described above is a workaround for your team while it is not possible to turn off and on this feature.

0 votes
John Driscoll May 20, 2021

to add a bit more detail to Ravi Sagar's reply....
Put your mouse pointer over the link, and then use the right-click button to display the short menu.  Select the menu option Copy link address to save the URL info in your memory buffer. copy link.jpg

Moshchenskyi Stanislav May 28, 2021

I don't need whole link to be copied. I need just last part - without site.com
I need just /secondpart#idpart
Or even just #idpart

0 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2021

Right click and Copy link address doesn't work?

Moshchenskyi Stanislav June 4, 2021

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/How-to-copy-the-last-part-of-links/qaq-p/1710786#M210474

Here i had another one question, where you can get more clearly what i'm trying to copy. 

Here the shortened version

site.com/middle-part/last-part

I need to copy only middle-part/last-part or even last-part

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events