How to resolve a task?

Rahul Valani December 17, 2019

Hi I am new to JIRA and just got the free version to try it out. So far I am impressed with this application but I still have one doubt. When I finished my Sprint and started another one all the task which were 'done' are also displaying into my new sprint. I have looked for answers and they say there should be another status that says 'Resolved' I don't see that can someone guide me regarding this. I also read in documentation that Reporter would get an email and he should mark as resolved but that is also not working I don't get any emails nor I can mark a task 'Resolved' / 'Completed'

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2019

Hi @Rahul Valani 

I suggest you create a new SCRUM board with sample data and play with it to get an idea on how it works. May be your project is not configured to have the resolution field set when issues are moved to Done column.

Screenshot 2019-12-17 at 17.49.26.png

For email notification on own changes there is a setting when you go to your profile | Settings.

Screenshot 2019-12-17 at 17.51.18.pngJust change it to Notify me.

I hope it helps.

Ravi

Suggest an answer