How to remove project role from new projects?

Kh November 8, 2021

Hej i need to remove a project role from adding in new projects, how i can do that ? 

3 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2021

You cannot remove roles from projects, a role always exists across all projects.

You might want to take a look at admin -> project roles, and edit the defaults, so that when you create a new project, no-one gets into the project roles automatically.

0 votes
Silvi March 29, 2022

If you need to delete the default groups associated with roles that are generated when creating a Project, you must access each role from System > Project Roles > Search for the role > Manage Default Members, from that option you delete the group associated with the selected role.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 30, 2022

It looks to me like Kh is asking how to remove the roles, not the default members.

Like Joe Pitt likes this
Silvi March 30, 2022

My answer is because of this comment you made Kh

image.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 30, 2022

Which says "I need to remove the project role" (and later mentions the defaults, which Olga had already covered)

0 votes
Olga Videc
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 8, 2021

Hello @[deleted]

Welcome to the community, you need to edit the default project roles 

1. Choose  > System.
  2. Under SECURITY, select Project roles. The Project Role Browser displays, which contains a list of all the project roles in your Jira site.

Manage project roles 

BR, Olga

Kh November 8, 2021

Hi, this one i know the problem is that i need to remove the project role without deliting it. its like when i create a new project there are three default groups and i need to remove them. means that i need to set new default schem for this roles. 

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 30, 2022

As @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- said, project roles are universal. You can't delete them from a project, but you don't need to put anyone in them. 

Suggest an answer