How to make groups of Issue Type dimension with sum of hours spent

monilsyx December 10, 2020

I have different Issue Types like Task (Analysis) , Task (Documentation).. 

Now i want to club them as single issue type called calAnalysis and want to show below sum of respective hours spent.

I already defined a new calculated member under Issue Type dimension with,

Aggregate({[Issue Type].[Task (Analysis)],[Issue Type].[Task (Documentation)]})

And I selected Hours Spent in measures in columns.

It shows new member calAnalysis as table column but value remains blank.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 10, 2020

I do not think I understand what you are trying to achieve here.

You say you want to "club them as single issue type called calAnalysis" - the best thing to do here is look at which you have more of, rename that to calAnalysis, then delete the other issue type, where Jira will ask you what to change the existing issues to, and you can choose calAnalysis.

The rest of your question does not seem to have anything to do with your merge, so I am a bit stuck on trying to address it.

monilsyx December 10, 2020

Dear, apology for lack of explanation.

I am creating yearly KPI where I need to present various issue types as limited activities so can not delete any issue type which is in use for day to day purpose by Team.

Let me explain by example,

I have two issue types,

Task(Analysis)
Task(Documentation)

which I want to show as single in KPI named Analysis. 

To achieve the same I created a calculated member called calAnalysis with definition,

calAnalysis = Aggregate({[Issue Type].[Task (Analysis)],[Issue Type].[Task (Documentation)]})

Here my assumption is, because i selected Hours Spent as measure, i will see total of Hours Spent for both issue types will be shown under calAnalysis. However in reality it is coming blank.

You can see configurations in below link:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/NLGHoFJ8QnC1kGHN9

May i kindly request you to have a look again and guide me further?

Thanks

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events