How to make Fixed version's field required during a workflow transition without any plugin?

Gyanendra Singh April 26, 2022

How to make Fixed version's field required during a workflow transition without any plugin?

Not able to add  fix version mandatory while closing jira issue . Please suggest 

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sebastian Krzewiński
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2022

Hi @Gyanendra Singh 

I'm afraid that it is impossible to achieve without any additional app (Imaybe there is free app for that). 

Only thing that came to my mind is set fix version field as required in Field configuration scheme but it set fix version as required everywhere on project.

Regards,

Seba

Hi Sebastian, 

Can you suggest any additional app which one free for this implementation ? 

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sam Bartolome
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2022

Hi @Gyanendra Singh ,

You can add a validator for such purpose, using the Field Required Validator where you can select the required field to be filled in and even an error message in case it has no info

Hi Sam ,

Yes I got option , but we needed JIRA Misc workflow extension like JMWE plugin .Can we add validator without plugin or paying extra .

Sam Bartolome
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2022

I don't have any apps for workflow configuration on my instance and the option is available

0 votes
David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2022

@Gyanendra Singh 

the only way to add a new validator without an app is to build your own app for it using the Connect framework: https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/getting-started-with-connect/

Suggest an answer