How to give a new Jira project the same name and code as an existing Confluence site?

We have an Confluence site not currently associated with any JIRA projects. I need to create a new JIRA project with the same name and code as the Confluence site.

4 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

What do you mean by "code" exactly?

It might be more appropriate to call it the key.

Ahhh, thanks!
So, have you attempted to create a new project in JIRA? Provided this key is not in use, you will be allowed to create a project with the same name. Then, you can create a link between your JIRA project and Confluence space.

Hopefully that answers your question smile

When I attempt to create the key for the new JIRA project I get the error 'key already in use'. In fact is is being used by the site for which I want to name the new JIRA project, and I want the project to have the same key for the site as well.

This is impossible, you can not share keys in the same JIRA environment. You will have to change the key on one or the other if you wish to create this new project.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

162 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you