How to get Confluence links to show in Jira issue?

Heidi Lehtonen January 15, 2020

I remember seeing Confluence links shown in Jira issues, as in if you have created a link to the issue in some page, you'd see the reference in the issue view ("this issue is mentioned in this page"). Now I can't seem to find how to do that and some forum posts I've run into also claim that it should be a default feature.

I've tried to find out if our Jira's issue view has limited the fields shown but cannot find out anything related to that. I've also tried to link the Conflunce space to the Jira project with no luck. My Confluence page shows the link as a Jira issue link with the status info an all, like it should.

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2020

Hello @Heidi Lehtonen and welcome to Community!

You may be impacted by this bug: Link a JIRA issue on a Confluence page, with the new editor experience, will not link the Confluence page into the JIRA ticket. You can click on "This affects my team" to help prioritize it.

Unfortunaly, there isn't any workaround - you have to link the Confluence page manually.

- Manon

Heidi Lehtonen January 15, 2020

Thanks, this seems to be the case. Any idea how soon this will be fixed as it is marked as low priority? 

Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2020

I am a user just like you, so I can't say for sure but you can refer to their bug fix policy: Atlassian Cloud Bug Fix Policy 

Low priority bugs are worked on at best effort capacity, and are typically only fixed if our Developers are already working in that area of the product and are able to easily resolve the problem identified.

You can comment on the issue to describe how it is impacting your work, it will help Atlassian better understand your needs :)

Like Heidi Lehtonen likes this

Suggest an answer