How to create subtasks?

Tiago Taveira May 31, 2021

I have just created a new Project with "Scrum" template. I would like that it would be possible to create subtasks in each issue, but that doesn't seem possible. Am I missing some initial configuration for that to be possible?

Thanks in advance.

Screenshot 2021-05-31 at 15.59.43.pngScreenshot 2021-05-31 at 15.59.51.pngScreenshot 2021-05-31 at 16.00.01.pngScreenshot 2021-05-31 at 16.00.06.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2021

@Tiago Taveira 

On your very first screenshot there is a tab that says: "Add a Child Issue" Click on it then you will be able to add subtasks

let me know if you have any other questions

Best,

Fadoua

Tiago Taveira May 31, 2021

Hi Fadoua,

thank you for your reply. Is child issue the same as subtask? Because I remember there was another button before to add a subtask. There are examples in the documentation of Jira:

Source: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/create-an-issue-and-a-sub-task/

Regards,

Tiago

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2021

Child issue is a subtask

Parent issue is a task/bug/story

Like Tiago Taveira likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS