How to create automation based on parent field

Yarden Admon
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 6, 2024

Hi, my project have the following components:

Issue type = "environment", custom field on issue type the called "environment type" and can have the option "testing" or "customer".  epictype = "Discovery review" and under the epic I have tasks that I defined with automation. So far I had one automation that triggered tasks under the Discovery review. From now on I want to create different tasks under the discovery review for each "environment type". This is my current automation , and now I want to split it according to the environment type. It's importent to mention that this custom field is on the issue type = environment level and not on the epic type. I also tried to create automation that will inherit the environment type from the issue type to the epic, but the epic create before it can inherit the environment typeImage 06-07-2024 at 11.09.jpeg

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2024

Hi @Yarden Admon -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

For a question like this, please explain the problem you are trying to solve, and post an image of your complete automation rule, images of any relevant actions / conditions / branches, an image of the audit log details showing the rule execution, and explain what is not working as expected.  Those will provide context for the community to offer ideas.  Thanks!

Until we see those...

Iterating over the values in your Environment Type field to create the new issues can be done using Advanced Branching: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Automation-articles/Branching-over-smart-values-in-Jira-Automation/ba-p/1741935

However we will need to see your complete rule and the rule trigger to make suggestions about this.

Specifically...when do you want to do this issue creation?  What action does the person perform that triggers this need?

Kind regards,
Bill

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events