How to configure code churn report in JIRA ?

Murtuza Dudhiyawala November 3, 2022

For successful delivery of the software every developer needs to ensure that they are doing the every thing right at first place. It is very important metric to gauge the code churn of every software product. So i need the report to be set-up in JIRA which will say the line of code (LOC) by each developer, this will help us to understand the maturity of that person against the product.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dan -minware-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 3, 2022

Disclaimer: marketplace partner!

Hello @Murtuza Dudhiyawala -

It's not impossible (we did it) but Code Longevity is one of the most sophisticated technologies that we have available at minware. You cannot arrive at this metric with Jira data alone that I am aware of. 

I am glad to hear that you are interested in the topic - below is a screenshot of what Code Longevity looks like in minware. I do have a sample report I could send you but am not able to point to a 3rd party in this response. Please feel free to reach out to me directly  (first@) if you are interested in learning more.

Dan

minware_code_longevity.png

1 vote

@Dan -minware- Thank you for your quick response. I will get back to you if i will have further doubts on this topic. I will first discuss with internal team and then will connect with you if required. Thanks again !!!

Dan -minware-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2023

@Murtuza Dudhiyawala Hope all is well! Curious if you ever ended up solving for this?

0 votes

@Dan -minware-  Could you please send me the steps how to connect minware with the JIRA (git/bitbucket)

Dan -minware-
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 4, 2022

@Murtuza Dudhiyawala You can just visit the site, click "sign up" and follow the steps. Drop me a note if you run into any issues.

Murtuza Dudhiyawala November 4, 2022

Mine email id is 20murtuza@gmail.com

Like Dan -minware- likes this

Suggest an answer