It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to change details shown when an issue is opened

Marian Ares Dec 16, 2013

Hi,

When an issue is opened to view it, there are a list of fields shown below "Details" in the Edit view but they are not shown when the field is not filled. Is it possible to make them always visible whether they are filled or not?

Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Go2Group] Community Leader Dec 16, 2013

You will have to modify a bundled plugin to do this but that is not an option in onDemand.

1 vote
Joseph Pitt Community Leader Dec 16, 2013

No, at least not out of the box or with any plugin I know of. I strongly advise against prepopulating the fields with anything such as TBD. We did this early one because the lack of a field being shown bothered one of the managers. What we ended up with was a bunch of issues with TBD being left in the field. People never put in the correct information. Since there is something there it fulfills the 'field required' requirement so people ignore it.

0 votes
Marian Ares Dec 17, 2013

Understood. Hope the Ondemand version has the same functionalities than the other one.

Thanks for your help

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Try Jira Cloud for Outlook: Organize your work without leaving your inbox

Hi Atlassian community, My name is Max and I work on the product integration team at Atlassian. I am pleased to announce the early access program for the Jira Cloud add-in for Outlook. This add-in...

2,404 views 6 15
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you