How to add wiki formatted text as default value for Text Field(multi-line) custom field?

Jira App May 6, 2022

Is there any way to add wiki formatted text as default value for Text Field(multi-line) custom field?

1 answer

0 votes
Alan Stephenson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2022

Hi,

I am editing my previous comment. There are two ways you can do this.

First, you can change in the custom field setting for the specific field what type you want to use. That is a global setting, but, the next option you can override this.

The next option is to use the Field Configuration & Field Configuration Scheme. The field configuration you can pick what renderer you want to use, either the default or the wiki. You can set this per project or even per issue type. For example, you can have a field configuration option for Story and Bug where description field is set to using Wiki format and Issue Type of Epic you want to keep as default. 

I don't know if that makes sense to do, i am just providing how it works.

Once you define the field configuration portion, the field configuration scheme ties the first part together. That is how you can choose which field configuration is for which issue type.

I mostly use the different field configurations when I want to make some fields required when the user picks a Story or Bug issue type but not required if they choose Epic or Task issue type.

Hope that helps.

-alan

Suggest an answer