How to add videos to issues?

Axel Toivonen April 24, 2012

I would like to add screenrecordings to issues. Is there any good plugins or methods to do this? Downloading a separate software, then uploading the file and attaching it to the issues seems like alot of work.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bruno Rosa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 23, 2012

Hi Axel,

I believe that it's currently not possible to add videos to issues in the way you are trying to achieve. You'll have to download a separated software, upload the file and attach it to the issue. However, I have made some researching and found out something interesting. Not for upload a screenrecord, but to OPEN a ticket with it! You can take a look at this link for more info: http://screenmail.to/news/make-jira-more-powerful-receive-screen-recordings-into-tickets

But a tip is, as it seems that there is no plugin about this, it may be something to think about (and to make money!).

Best Regards,

Bruno Rosa

Axel Toivonen August 23, 2012

Hello Bruno,

I am actually involved in the Screenmail project :) I was scouting for other options in Jira as our solution was very young back in April. We did not find any other good solutions so since then we have actually developed a Jira and Confluence plugin for Screenmail and they will be available in a week or two at the marketplace. Opening tickets works also now much better right from Screenmail so its easy to have your users filing reports or other issues with screen recordings.

The plugins will let you use the Jira/confluence userinterface to add screen recordings to issues and post. I hope this will be welcomed by the Atlassian community as a way of reducing misunderstandings and saving time.

Suggest an answer