How do I export all files, comments and activities

Jim Polingo December 9, 2019

I am looking to back up everything documented in my instance prior to shutting it down as we dont' need it or use it any longer.  What is the fastest and easiset way of doing so?

2 answers

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2019

Jira settings > system > backup manager

check the box for attachments, etc and click creat backup for cloud.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2019

you need to be a system admin. if you do not see "Jira settings" in the sidebar after clicking the Jira icon in upper left then you do not have the necessary permissions.

that person is long gone.  how do we cahnge the admin settings if we don't have login info

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 9, 2019

yikes! you don't have any admin? I would reach out to Atlassian Support and have them assist. you can't create a backup w/o that role.

I have tried but as you know, there is no one to directly contact.  you have to wait for a response and no phone support.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 9, 2019

understood. hopefully you will hear back soon!

0 votes
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 9, 2019

Hello @Jim Polingo 

Welcome to the community.

You will find everything you need to know here :

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/exporting-issues-776636787.html

Hope this helps

I do not see an import export button anywhere in the system.  I don't see a settings > system tab either.  Not sure what I am missing here.  I look at my account, my profile, my projects, nothing.

what am i missing?

Suggest an answer