• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do I enable adding a Bug under user story?

I have associated following issue types {Story/Bug/Task/Subtask} in an issue-type-scheme

In a "Scrum Default Issue Screen".

Attached is a userstory screen with way to create subtasks, but no way to create Bug under the story.

Linking a bug is not an option

Converting to a subtask is not an option.

Only thing that we need is add a bug under user story.

I remember somewhere I configured an issue type with the Screen scheme several moons ago.. not able to figure how I did that.

Any help is appreciated.

2 answers

Vamsi,

Only the sub-task can be under the story.

If you want Story Issue Type to be above Bug, then you'll need to purchase Portfolio for Jira and which will allow you that level of hierarchy between these 2 issue types.

Victor

Hi @ivam

Why linking is not an option? Do you have some special requirements that cannot be fulfilled because of linking?

One option without linking could be to create a new issue type, give it a name "Bug" and make it a sub-task issue type, then you will be able to create them under the story.

Another option is using a tool like Panorama where you can define a custom hierarchy of your issues (you can tell that bugs can live under stories), however, this hierarchy will be visible only in Panorama views and under the hood will be represented with issue links.

Regards

Arek 

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you