How do I change project category?

Andreas Viklund October 15, 2013

I have a project which already has a category. Now I want to change it to another category. Is this possible? I can t find this option in "Edit Project"...

We are running Jira v6.1 (OnDemand) and I am an Administrator.

2 answers

1 accepted

12 votes
Answer accepted
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2013

Try going to your project admin page an click on the current category.. a popoup should open to let you choose a new category

Cheers

(Info) To edit the project Category, enter the project Administration section by clicking a project name and then click the link next to the Categoryfield (located under the project name). JIRA can search for all the issues in a particular project category, and can display projects sorted by the project category, but a project category is not part of a project hierarchy. JIRA does not support sub-projects or parent projects. In addition a JIRA project can only belong to one category.

Jessica Cabrera November 14, 2019

Thanks you 

6 votes
kshengelia November 10, 2015

@Christian Czaia Not very intuitive. I think it's more appropriate to insert that setting in Edit Project popup on the right.

I was sure that category link would have redirected me to category page instead of letting me change category.

Suggest an answer