How do I add the issue status field to my edit issues screen?

Craig Gillan December 4, 2012

When I attempt to edit my issue, there is not field for updating the status of the issue. I know these statuses exist, just not sure how to get them into my issue page.

Thank you in advance for the help.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 4, 2012

Status is NOT a field, it's an indicator of where an issue is in the workflow.

Changing the status is on screen - they're called "workflow actions" - those change the status as they are executed. Have a look at "view workflow" on the issue to see which ones can be done from where your issue currently is.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 4, 2012

Start with the view-workflow - you should find that your current status has at least one transtion out to another status (i.e. close issue). Look for others. If there are none, then you may want to consider editing the workflow to add them. If there are some (the default workflow has "reopen" for example), then you'll need to check the workflow "conditions" to see why you are not being offered the transition. It'll be something like "user must be the assignee or the assignee, and have resolve permission"

Craig Gillan December 4, 2012

Thank you for your insight Nic. When I click on workflow, my only option is to "Close Issue". Ahy thoughts on how I get the other options loaded? When I click on view workflow the visual shows all of the other workflow steps.

Suggest an answer