It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do I add Status button back to the workflow

Did something update in Jira overnight? The "status" button is missing from my Columns settings. How do I get it back?

1 answer

0 votes

Hello @Paul Spaeth ,

I'm not sure where you say the status button is missing? Maybe you can provide more information and screenshots, such as:

1. Column configuration in JQL(Issue query)?

2. Change status button in Issue detail screen ?

3. Columns and states mapping in the board configuration ?

3- Columns and States mapping in the board config. It has an "Add Column" button but no more "Add Status" button.  When I add a Column it says "This column will not show on the board without a status" - But I can't add a status with no "Add Status" button! 

It used to always be there... 

Here's a screenshot. Kanban Board -> Board Settings -> Columns

Screen Shot 2019-11-26 at 4.56.13 PM.png

Hi @Paul Spaeth ,

Note that the Add Status button is only available if you have the JIRA 'Project Administrator' permission for this board's project. See Permissions overview for more information.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/configuring-columns-764477997.html#Configuringcolumns-Addinganewstatus

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you