How do I add Status button back to the workflow

Paul Spaeth November 25, 2019

Did something update in Jira overnight? The "status" button is missing from my Columns settings. How do I get it back?

1 answer

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 25, 2019

Hello @Paul Spaeth ,

I'm not sure where you say the status button is missing? Maybe you can provide more information and screenshots, such as:

1. Column configuration in JQL(Issue query)?

2. Change status button in Issue detail screen ?

3. Columns and states mapping in the board configuration ?

Paul Spaeth November 26, 2019

3- Columns and States mapping in the board config. It has an "Add Column" button but no more "Add Status" button.  When I add a Column it says "This column will not show on the board without a status" - But I can't add a status with no "Add Status" button! 

It used to always be there... 

Paul Spaeth November 26, 2019

Here's a screenshot. Kanban Board -> Board Settings -> Columns

Screen Shot 2019-11-26 at 4.56.13 PM.png

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 26, 2019

Hi @Paul Spaeth ,

Note that the Add Status button is only available if you have the JIRA 'Project Administrator' permission for this board's project. See Permissions overview for more information.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/configuring-columns-764477997.html#Configuringcolumns-Addinganewstatus

Wendy ElDin December 20, 2022

Same problem here. I do have Administrator permissions.

Like stacey.larger likes this

Suggest an answer