How do I access the system administrator account?

Albert Chung January 10, 2012

How do I access the system administrator account?

3 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 10, 2012

System Administrator access is not available to Atlassian OnDemand customers because it could give you the ability to screw up your system for both yourself and other customers who may be sharing the same system resources.

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Restricted+Functions+in+Atlassian+OnDemand

What exactly are you looking to change? Some functions restricted to System Administrators may still be performed for your account on your behalf by Atlassian support.

0 votes
Yusuf_Mayet December 19, 2018

Hi,

I want to import a space in my Confluence Cloud, but it fails with an error that I dont have system-administrators priveleges.

0 votes
Albert Chung January 10, 2012

Per the documentation, we need access to the system administrator to back up the data?

Using JIRA's XML backup utility

To perform a once-off backup, e.g. before an upgrade, follow the steps below.

You can also configure scheduled XML backups, as described in Automating JIRA Backups.

1. Log in as a user with the 'JIRA System Administrators' global permission.

2. Select 'Administration' > 'System' > 'Import & Export' > 'Backup System' (tab) to open the 'Backup JIRA data' page.

Keyboard shortcut: 'g' + 'g' + type 'backu'

Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 10, 2012
Like karthik srini likes this
Amanda Culver June 26, 2018

The above link is 404

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 26, 2018

It's 6 years old, and things have moved on.  Although the g+g advice is still right.

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
July 9, 2018