How can we copy sub tasks to another project?

Tuğçe Duranay January 5, 2022

We have different projects for our products. We have mechanical tests need to be done for every product. When I create all tasks in one epic , I need to copy or clon this tasks/subtasks to another project. Because the same tests need to be done for other projects. I don't want to write the same things over and over and create new tasks. I need to copy

How can I do this :) ?

2 answers

1 vote
Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2022

What tier of Jira Cloud are you using?

I would recommend setting up an automation.  Will all the sub-tasks be the same each time to create the Task/Epic for each project?  You can find more information here https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/guides/expand-jira/automation

Tuğçe Duranay January 16, 2022

Dear Kristin, thank you for your help.

I'm beginner for Jira software. Unfortunately, I dont know the tier of our cloud.

Actually, I do not understand to "automation". I want to clone tasks in one epic from one project to another.

Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2022

Are you a site admin or project admin or just a Jira user?  If you do not have admin level permissions you may need to work with someone who does who can let you know if you have access to utilize Automation for Jira as this would do exactly what you want.

Tuğçe Duranay January 17, 2022

Yes, I'm admin. I have permissions. However, My team use Jira newly. We try to develop our work flow with Jira.

Thank you, So I will research Automation. Do you have any traning video for Jira (includes some features like automation)

Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 18, 2022
0 votes
Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 19, 2022

Hi @Tuğçe Duranay,

I am Marlene from codefortynine.

You can also try our Marketplace app Deep Clone for Jira. 

With our app you can clone Epics including its issues and move the to another project while cloning.

Our app is pretty easy to use, so you don't have to be a Jira expert to work with it. 

If you have questions about our app, don't hesitate to contact us. 

Suggest an answer