How can we add Start Date/End Date to Child Issues under an Epic?

Johnathon Sisounthone May 7, 2021

Hello,

Is it possible to add Start dates and End Dates to Child Issues that are under Epics?

Thank you,

Johnathon Sisounthone

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2021

Hi @Johnathon Sisounthone 

Yes, you may do that.  The field names are Start Date and Due Date. 

You could set those fields manually by putting them on your edit views, or update them automatically with automation rules, workflow, or scripting.  For some users, they cascade the values from the parent down to the children, and for others they do the opposite, rolling them up to the parent epic.

Best regards,

Bill

Johnathon Sisounthone May 10, 2021

Hi @Bill Sheboy

Thank you. Is there a way to make the dates appear on my roadmap? The only dates that I am able to see on the roadmaps are Parent Epics.

Kind regards,

Johnathon

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2021

Not yet for the basic roadmaps, as with the standard version of Jira.  I believe their is a suggestion to make these visible for the child issues.

Johnathon Sisounthone May 10, 2021

Is there another version of Roadmaps that would show the time bars of Child issues on the chart?

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 10, 2021

Yes, and you would need Jira Cloud Premier for that...which is a more expensive license level.  Please look here for details to see if that might meet your needs:

https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/guides/roadmaps/advanced-roadmaps

As an alternative, there may be marketplace add-ons which do this at lower cost, particularly if you do not plan to use the other features of Premier.

Tammy Schaefgen October 5, 2021

Is it possible to add Start dates and End Dates to Child Issues that are under Epics if you are not the owner of the plan?

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 5, 2021

Hi @Tammy Schaefgen -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I am not using advanced roadmaps, so I cannot answer/research your question easily.  You may want to re-post this as a new question; that will ensure the entire community sees it and can offer ideas.

Kind regards,
Bill

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events