How can i set the asignee for issues generated by an issue collector?

I want to manually set the assignee of isses created by an issue collector so that bugs that comes from a specific issue collector will go to that specific person - is there any way to do that?

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Lee,

Apparently it may not be possible for us to set a default assignee for issues that are created via Issue Collector. However as a workaround for this, it's possible for us to use the Default Assignee of a project (Project Lead) for issues created (which includes for issues coming from issue collector), and this can be achieved as follows:
- Ensure the "Allow unassigned issues" option is set to Off in JIRA General Configuration (Administration > General Configuration)
- Ensure that the Default Assignee is set to Project Lead (Administration > select the project > Roles > More) (By default, the default assignee will be assigned to the Project Lead, it may not be possible for us to reconfigure this)
- Try to create an issue via issue collector

I hope that the info above helps.

Cheers.

This looks to me like a missing feature for the issue collectors feature - and the lack of ability to change the default assignee from project leader.

For the issue collectors it boils down to the fact that issie collector is exposed to a specific audience (embeded in a specific app, appears on specific pages...) And a lot of the times difference audiances have different contact people assgined to them - that contact person should be the default asignee for collectors exposed to those audiences.

This widget could not be displayed.

Hello,

i have the same missing feature like Lee Elenbaas. I wish that the user could Assigne the ticket to a Assigne.

Will this feature be enabled?

Best Wishes,

Tobias

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

155 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you