How can I restrict the list of available Statuses when I edit board columns?

Gwenno Haf Hughes January 2, 2020

In our organisation we have many different workflows and statuses.

I have created a new workflow specific to my Project - which contains some pre-existing statuses and some new statuses. When I edit my columns - I'd like to choose from only the statuses belonging to my workflow as opposed to choosing from all statuses in our organisation (not only are there hundreds but the view on a 13" MacBook is not user friendly at all.

Any ideas?

All the Statuses I see:

Screenshot 2020-01-02 at 15.51.33.png

The Statuses in my Workflow:

Screenshot 2020-01-02 at 15.52.42.png

2 answers

1 vote
Cody Stevens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 2, 2020

Hey @Gwenno Haf Hughes 

What your board is doing is showing you all statues the board is currently able to use. Its most likely showing you everything because the board is able to access every issue type in the project.

What you need to do is switch over to the general tab while in the board configuration and edit the Saved Filter. Restrict the filter to only the issue types you want to be shown in the board. By restricting the issue types, it will also be restricting which workflows work with your board. Any workflow not affiliated with the issue types selected in the filter will be removed from the board and the status list will be shortened.

Hope this helps!

0 votes
Lauren Gordon-Fahn December 9, 2022

Nav to the board you want to restrict the statuses for
Click the three dot menu in the upper right corner
Select "Board settings"
Select the "Columns" option from the side nav
In the "Unmapped Status" column you can click the small x icon in on each status you don't want to display for the project work items.

When I restricted the filter that did not restrict the status options for me. But removing the statuses from the Unmapped Status column did work for me. 

This may not be a good practice but it is what I found as a solution.  

Suggest an answer