How can I reorder the list of dashboards in the sidebar in cloud Jira?

Jane Tatchell January 30, 2020

My company recently moved from server Jira to cloud Jira.

In the sidebar in server Jira, my dashboards were ordered alphabetically, which was pretty intuitive.

In the sidebar in cloud Jira, my dashboards are ordered by when I starred the dashboard to add it to my favorites, with the oldest one at the top.

This order just doesn't work for me and I can't find a way to reorder the list. Is this possible?

TL;DR

I use a lot of dashboards, so it's quite annoying to have to scan through a long list to find the one I want, based on when I think I added it as a favorite. Moreover, if I just added a favorite, it's a pain to have to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the list if I've gone to a different dashboard and want to go back to the new one.

1 answer

1 vote
Hannah McKenzie
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 30, 2020

Hi @Jane Tatchell , here's one option that may work: 'un-star' all the dashboards on the All dashboards page, and re-star them in the order you want them to appear. 

Let me know if you experience any problems.

Jane Tatchell January 30, 2020

Thanks. That would work but I'd need to redo it every time I starred another dashboard. I was hoping there would be a UI that I hadn't noticed. :-(

Clemens Fischer January 3, 2023

@Hannah McKenzie This is such a wonky workaround. The functionality was there on Jira Server and now it is gone on Jira Cloud. 

@Jane Tatchell There is an open feature request here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-68732

Suggest an answer