How can I receive a notification when there is overspend on a story

daanvanpolanen September 17, 2019

For a fixed price project I'm running into the problem that there is a lot of overspend per story. Before the project was started the team has given time estimates to the stories based on the design, but during development they're spending 2 to 6 times the amount of time they've initially estimated for it. Since this isn't the only project this is happening in I would like to get notified when more time is logged on a story than the original estimate in order to discuss these features with the team and with the customer to do some damage control. In the notification schemes I can't find this feature. Does anyone know how to set this up?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 17, 2019

Hi @daanvanpolanen 

It's not possible with the notification scheme, what you can do, is to create a filter that will return all the issue where the time spend is bigger that the original time.

project = test and workratio>100

It works well in jira server.

After that, save you filter and make a subscription to receive an email with the issue that belong to this filter

Hope this helps

daanvanpolanen September 17, 2019

Thanks Mohamed, this is working fine. 

Best regards,

Daan

Suggest an answer